Some firepower support added to my Concord army. This model is so awesome I couldn't resist buying a second one. I suspect it will prove quite useful with Net ammo against those nasty Ghar battlesuits!
Monday, May 30, 2016
Friday, May 27, 2016
I recently did a few wreck markers to use in wrecked vehicles, and some people have been asking me the how-to, so here is a quick tutorial.
The material used is synthetic fiber (from a pillow), and 3 color of spray: orange, red, and black.
First thing to do is take a handful of the fiber, it doesn't hold together very well at this point, but once you give it a few coats of spray, it develops sufficient structural integrity and doesn't fall apart easily.
The sequence of spray is this:
1 - Abundant orange on the lower half;
2 - (reasonable amount of) red over the orange
3 - Black on the upper half
You should give a few minutes between each coat of spray to let it dry a bit. In the lower half, you should not let any white on the fiber showing, but on the upper half, leave the recesses white, to represent the inner layers of smoke, hotter and lighter. Make sure to create a smooth transition between the red/orange and the black above.
Once you finish preaying you'll have this:
The final step is to glue a base on it, to give it weight and make it stand on the table/model. I used 25mm bases or a bit larger, and added some epoxy to the underside to give extra weight. I used superglue on the base, and then pressed the bottom of my markers against it. Try to cover as much of the base as possible, don't let it too visible. I painted orange over any exposed parts of the bases.
Once your markers are properly glued to some adequate bases, you'll have no trouble leaving them on the vertical on the model.
Here is an example of how they look finished:
Sunday, May 22, 2016
Here are the first units for my Isorian force. 3 Phase squads, a plasma light support, x-launcher team and a command squad.
Phase Squad Alfa:
Phase Squad Bravo:
Phase Squad Charlie:
Plasma Light Support:
Monday, May 16, 2016
Pardon me for the lack of posts, lately. Work has been taking its toll on my time, lots of travelling over the last few weeks, but I recently managed to finish more units, and here they are.
I've done several bases with voltigeurs to distribute among my line regiments, which already have fusiliers and grenadiers, so now those regiments are completely representative of true french regiments of the line.
The fusiliers are Italeri's, while the voltigeurs are Zvezda's. The difference in sculpting, particularly the bulkness of Zvezda's models, is noticeable, but they look sufficiently good together, though.
I've also done a few bases of skirmishers. I have another box of Zvezda voltiguers, which I'll use to come up with the remaining formed bases I need for my regiments, as well as a lot more skirmishers, but I won't be tackling that subject until next year, probably.
And here is how my regiments of line infantry look like complete with grenadiers an voltiguers. Beautiful and colorful.