Monday, June 26, 2017

Spanish Militia

These are the spanish militia, the other half of the Spanish Guerilla set from Hat Industries. There is enough on that set to come up with these 3 small units of militiamen.

SAM_0981

There is rather scarce information on colors of napoleonic spanish militia uniforms on the web, but what little I could find suggests white, blue and brown were the main colors used, so I painted each unit in one of those.

SAM_0982

SAM_0984

SAM_0985

SAM_0988

SAM_0990

SAM_0992

With these, I finally finish that which was one of my first kits of napoleonics 1/72, bought a few years ago and left to sit on my shelves for a while before getting their well deserved turn on the painting qeue.

8 comments:

  1. These look really fine, Matgc. Yes, you can't go wrong with Spanish militia - almost any colour will do as virtually every municipality came up with their own uniforms during the levies of the new militias in 1808! But the brown was most common, even with line infantry as the war progressed as it was local cloth and easily obtained.
    I really like your painting - first rate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making these Hät Spanish 'Guerillas' really come to life as irregular regiments. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved the militia units, and these ones will be no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work. You certainly have made the most out of that box of minis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fine job with these guys. Mateus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just found your blog and it's great. These Spanish are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it how you painted these! Good use of colors!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete