Given the lack of options for russian horse artillery in plastics 1/72, I endevoured to find another solution to complete my artillery, and came across these fellows, in resin, so I purchased 6 kits - 2 batteries' worth of guns.
This is definitely not the best material for this scale, due to it's fragility, a few bits snapped during assembly and/or painting, but I managed to glue them back without much trouble. My hope is that, being artillery, mounted on large bases, they'll be durable enough since, as usual for my 1/72, there will be no touching the minis proper once they're finished and based - all handling is done from their bases.
A couple excessively fragile items, such as the ramming rods, which were very thin, I substituted for some plastic ones I had on spares. Also a couple guns, just because I had some left in plastic, and I trust them better than resin.
The models are well sculpted, but a bit on the larger side - on par with Italeri's 1/72, I'd say.
Their helmets come with early war crests, which is the best option, since you can (as I did) trim them into late war style if that suits you better.
And here they are alongside my recently painted horse artillery limber, which featured here on the blog a couple posts ago. I now have 1 limber for every battery of russian artillery (whether foot or horse), which will be my standard for all other armies.