Thursday, March 15, 2018

French Marshalls and High Staff - Part I

I took me a while to get my hands on both kits of Napoleon's General Staff, from Strelets. These are out of production, quite rare, and their prices can go a bit high on ebay when they eventually show up there.

They're mostly nice sculpts, with an odd model here and there bearing an excessively oversized head, but the majority of models are good enough for my standards, and are a very needed addition to my collection, given my scarcity of command bases for my french army.

With these, I have 18 more command bases for this army (in addition to my previous 6), enough to play even the most epic battles of Black Powder I could think of!

By the way, Strelets has announced they'll be producing a new set of Napoleon's General Staff, and given how much better their recent sculpts have been, I'm looking forward to such set, and will most likely be adding those to my collection as well!

So, here are my generals. I'm splitting this post in 2 parts, so I can show individual pics of each base without making an exorbitantly long post.

SAM_1178

SAM_1179

SAM_1181

SAM_1182

SAM_1183

As I have done with other armies, I've tagged some of the bases with names of the personalities they represent. I1ve also used models of other manufactors, such as Hat and Italeri to help "populate" the bases and set the scene.

Most of the horses of the original Strelets boxes I replaced with others from Hat - the Strelets horses from these sets were generally far too poor!

SAM_1184

SAM_1185

SAM_1188

SAM_1189

SAM_1191

SAM_1192

SAM_1193

SAM_1195



SAM_1197

SAM_1198

SAM_1199

SAM_1201

SAM_1203

SAM_1205

Continue on French Marshalls and High Staff - Part II

7 comments:

  1. These are superb. Very well done indeed and very expertly painted and based

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again a stunning collection, Lannes seems to be so determined!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, Mateus! Fine painting and composition both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely command stands. The Strelets figures have such 'character' and you have brought that out spectacularly. I particularly like your use of Davout as Grouchy, he looks great in that uniform.
    Were you inspired by the plate in Peter Young's "Napoleon's Marshals"?
    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, actually that model painted as Grouchy is supposed to be the man himself (as described on the Strelets box), not Davout. The sculpt of Davout will be showing on the second part of this post.

      Delete
    2. You are dead right, of course, sorry. I should have checked my box, or Plastic Soldier Review, before I left my comment. I have seen your wonderful Davout now too!
      I painted the Grouchy figure as Reille for our bicentennial game of Waterloo. I must try to get another set of these so that I can do a Grouchy as well. May be tricky with them becoming rare, as you note.

      Delete