Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Parading my Russian Army

 We had a hobby contest in our gaming club last weekend, with various categories such as best painted model, best painted vehicle, etc. I participated with my napoleonic russian army, competing for the 'best painted army' and they were voted the winners of that category, which had two other excelent competitors - a Warhammer 40k Tau force and a Lord of the Rings army.

Here are some pics of of the competitors in the event. 

My russian army:







And here is the table with all the runners for the title of best painted army:



Below, some pics of other categories in the competition. Such beautiful brushworks there, especially from some recent, very talented members of the club:




I also competed in the category of best painted large model with the vehicle below (the infantry squad was joining in to help set the scene), but no title for me there, competition was fierce, with some awesome vehicles in display! 


In all, it was a fun day and a nice occasion to get one of my napoleonic armies fully assembled for display - these large collections make for such a nice sight on the table, after all!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, it is so great to see your posts back especially when related to Napoleonic era. By the way, what will be your next unit to be painted?
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm currently working on some prussian infantry, which, along with a small corps of Württembergs, shall keep me occupied for the remainder of the year.

      Delete
    2. Nice, I am looking forward to it.

      Delete