Friday, June 13, 2014

French Carabiniers

Another addition to my french army. Here we have the Carabiniers a Cheval, the most Elite (at least, according to them) of all French Heavy Cavalry.

SAM_7393

I painted these models with the pre-1813 regulation, where all horses where black - except the trumpeter,  who rode a white or grey horse. The trumpeter, by the way, still had light blue jacket, instead of the green pattern of later. 

I suppose the rule of black-horses-only was then lifted due to the disaster on the Russian campaign, where so many horses were lost that a cavalier would be glad if he could be assigned any horse whatsoever. 

SAM_7394

SAM_7395

SAM_7396

SAM_7399

SAM_7400

SAM_7404

SAM_7405

SAM_7406

SAM_7407

SAM_7408

A few pictures of the unit in March Column:

SAM_7410

SAM_7411

SAM_7412

SAM_7413

I still have a couple infantry units to paint in order to have my french ready for playing, but I'm progressing steadily, so I expect to have this done over the next month. And then, there is the british...

*End of Transmission*



2 comments:

  1. Rweally great job on these!. I think this later French Carabinier uniform is one of the most striking of all time... and I much prefer the trumpeters in the pre 1811 unuiform, instead of the Imperial Livery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The green jacket of the later period looks too out of place in a unit where there is no green color whatsoever.

      Delete