Monday, December 8, 2014

First tanks for my Space Nazis


These are the first vehicles I've acquired for my project of building an army of Space nazis. They are new kits released by Ramshackle Games through a kickstarter. I didn't take part on this funding, as I wasn't aware of it until it was too late, but ever since I knew there were on the line to become available for the public I've been keeping my eye out.

SAM_7986

The models from Ramshackle Games are of somewhat rough casting, and present a lot of flash and some moulding imperfections. Still, they're very affordable, have a nice, "tough" layout, and look great for a retro scifi army, which is exactly what I'm going for with my fictional 4º Reich.

SAM_7987

This one below, the "Pug", couldn't be more perfect for the Nazis, since its an obvious spin-off of the iconic WWII german tank "Stug".

SAM_7988

SAM_7989

Ramshackle vehicles usually come with loads of weapon options. This one has all the options below, which I magnetized, plus some sponsons and pintle-mounted machine-gun, all of which I chose to leave out to keep a clean look to it. What it lacks is a small, anti-infantry gun on the top. I inserted a magnet there, anyway, as I have such weapons from other kits which I may use here.

SAM_7990

SAM_7992

The other vehicle is the Rheebok, and can work as either a heavy IFV or APC for my nazi.

SAM_7993

SAM_7994

SAM_7995

The turret can be fit on the front slot or on the rear, and since both looked good, I chose to magnetize both places and keep my options on the table.

SAM_7996

It also looks great without the turret, relying only on its front weapon for defensive fire.

SAM_7997

The were even more weapon options than those on the pic below, but I chose to magnetized only those, as they seem plenty enough. They serve to arm either the turret or the hull-mounted slot on the front.

SAM_7998

SAM_7999

*End of Transmission*

1 comment:

  1. The magnet work is an exceptionally nice touch. Very well done. Excellent job on some very worthy models.

    ReplyDelete