Monday, May 29, 2017

Russian log houses for Black Powder

I just finished these buildings for Black Powder. 1/72 scale log houses, from Pegasus Hobbies, ideal for my russian tables.

The large building in the centre is resin, and comes pre-painted. All others are plastic, and come unassembled and unpainted. I think I managed to get them all to look consistent with the prepainted one.

SAM_0939

SAM_0941

SAM_0942

SAM_0943

The only touch-up I did on the resing building was giving it yellow windows, instead of the stock blue. This way, it looks much more credible that there is light inside.

SAM_0944

And here are some 1/72 french soldiers for scale:

SAM_0948

6 comments:

  1. Nice. I´ve got two of them, the two front left and front right (mine aren´t as well painted as yours) and I wasn´t too convinced to get the rest but seeing them painted up I´ll have to get them ...and yep..you have got a consistant look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice; my Russian buildings are from Hovels. I gave some of mine a bit of dull colored paint on the door and/or window frames (dull grey-blue, brownish dark red, green, or yellowish brown, off white), more dry brushed than solid, to suggest peeling or poor quality paint/stAINain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on them but you still need this one.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=pegasus+log+house++two+storey&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiM_KOboJfUAhXoD8AKHZaiB5EQsAQIJg&biw=1920&bih=947#imgrc=_

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys!

    Greg, I have an yet out on that one as well. Should be adding it to my collection soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real nice looking houses! Excellent paintjob!

    Somewhere I have these lying around here? But where? :-D

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete