Monday, June 18, 2012

The Carnivorans!

It wasn't love at first sight. Innitially, I wasn't found of the Starfleet Wars spaceships at all. It took some time for them to grow on me, but now they are among the designs I like the most. 

My most recently finished fleet, the Carnivorans, have a lot of awesome designs. Check them out for yourself:







The color scheme for those minis was inspired by Desertscribe's, from the superb Super Galactic Dreadnought blog.





The carnivoran fighters are some beauties, too:

Light Fighters




Heavy Fighters

 

The engine detail:




The next fleet to be painted, the Aquarinas, is already here, so expect some fishy eye candy on this blog soon!

*End of Transmission*


4 comments:

  1. I always thought the Starfleet Wars spaceships looked antiquated. After seeing your paintjob on them, they look a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice paint jobs on your Carnies! Of course, you had some great inspiration :)

    I appreciate the shout-out, and thanks for posting these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't the Carnivoran Heavy fighters remind you of Cylons form the original BSG?

    I like the Carnivoran designs myself, second to the Avarians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonsalvo, there is an obvious BSG feel on the super galactic dreadnought, too.

    ReplyDelete