Monday, September 17, 2018

Swedish Artillery

Here's my Hat Swedish Artillery, along with limbers.

SAM_1488

To make the limbers, I used models from the French Limber set. I found zero visual reference on how the riders should dress, so I used some swedish light dragoons to play the part.

I plan to give 1 limber for each battery in my collection - a battery being 3 cannons - which means all of my previous batteries that don't already have one will eventually receive theirs. 

The swedish cannons got their limbers right away, and I chose to use 4 horses to represent foot artillery and 6 for the horse artillery - a recipe I'm probably going to replicate throughout my armies.

SAM_1490

SAM_1491

SAM_1492

SAM_1494


SAM_1497

SAM_1498

SAM_1499

SAM_1500

SAM_1501



SAM_1504

SAM_1505

SAM_1506

SAM_1507

SAM_1509

SAM_1510

SAM_1511

SAM_1513


11 comments:

  1. Excellent work again Mat! I see that army growing!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of Swedish artillery!
    Were you able to find information about the train uniforms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, I just used the info you had on that, particularly the light blue collars. I hindsight, I guess I could have converted the light dragoon heads with the gunners' corsican hats, probably would be more accurate. Still, is hard to have much certainty with these swedish uniforms!

      Delete
    2. By 1813, Swedes were wearing hats, Kivers, French shakos, and what have you!

      Delete
  3. Most impressive and beautiful limbers, guns and gunners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, gentlemen! I'm quite happy with the result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent, incredible, wonderful as usual!
    I particularly like the blackened mouth of the guns, a great idea that I will copy (if I ever paint a cannon one day :)).

    ReplyDelete