Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Firestorm Armada Battle Stations

I got the recently released version 2.0 of the Firestorm Armada rulebook along with the 6 core races battle stations. They are very well cast, and for someone like me who has been away from Spartan Games models for quite a while, the evolution of their quality is pretty evident.

The downside of these stations is that they don`t come with flight stantds nor assembling guides, and purchasing all 6 together as I did gives you a whole lot of acrylic components you have to clip out and figure out where to fit. The Spartan Games blog entry that portrays those stations where very useful for me as a guide for assembling those models.

I based them on Corsec`s omni stands, using hex bases, since I currently don`t have square ones in sufficient number.

SAM_6361


SAM_6363


SAM_6364


SAM_6365


SAM_6368


SAM_6369


SAM_6371


The Directorate is the only one on which I used a paint scheme other than the studio`s. I never liked the official colors for that faction, and I`m still not sure how to paint those ships when I get a fleet of them.

SAM_6372


SAM_6374


SAM_6376


The sorylians were painted on the original blue/yellow scheme, which has been now replaced by Spartan by a red/white job which doesn`t appeal to me.

SAM_6377


SAM_6379




SAM_6383


SAM_6385


SAM_6387


The Terran station has a pretty cool Shields Generator on the centre of the model, and I painted it to show as if it was powered on and glowing. Unfortunately, it is very hard to take a pic with proper lighting on such deep recess of the model to show that detail.

SAM_6388


SAM_6390


SAM_6391


SAM_6392



*End of Transmission*

1 comment: