Monday, January 19, 2015

Changes to the blog

This new year I'm going to implement some changes here that I've been considering for a while, now. Basically aesthetics. 

This blog began out of my passion for miniature spaceships, hence its name, but with time, others genres of the hobby have been growing on me and now I find myself more engaged on historicals and land scifi wargaming than space battles, so it's only proper that the visual of this site reflects that. 

Also, the name. I'll probably be changing it to My Ever-Growing Armies, as my collection of armies have been expanding at a far greater pace than my space armadas over the last couple years. Still, I'll be revisiting this genre on the near furture, but my feel is that at least for the next few years my interest will be mainly focused on historical battles.

Overall, it's nice to change things a bit, here. That old layout was beginning to show its age, and quite frankly, I was getting tired of it. 

So any of you guys that are used to pay a visit here, fear not, for this is still the same blog, with (unfortunately, perhaps?!) the same author, just new ideas and armies to paint!

The Author.

4 comments:

  1. I'm fine with either name. When my blog started to diverge more and more form a chiefly Napoleonic focus, I debated starting other blogs for different genres, but decided I liked a more eclectic mix to my blog anyway... same as my collections themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter. With the slight change of name, I believe my armies will now feel more at home, and keeping the name generic enough was a concern of mine, so to keep both scifi and historical litle men equally at ease (!).

      Delete
  2. Yeah, my blog started with a focus on spaceships, but lately it's been about other things. I'm glad you're just changing the name and not starting a new blog--it's hard to keep track when someone does that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desert Scribe, your blog was one of the main inspirations for me to start blogging! Awesome content, and you manage to keep posting regularly. It's one of the sites I always stop by!

      Delete