Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Swedish Cuirassiers

Another unit of cavalry painted for the Swedish army. The first of a couple units of heavy cavalry: the Cuirassiers.

There is a single pose of the cuirassiers in the Hat Swedish Cavalry set, so in order to creat some diversity I repositioned several of the heads - they're originally all facing their right.


SAM_1605

For the trumpeter, I did a conversion using the body of a carabinier, so to have a unarmored torso - I'm assuming the swedish trumpeters did not wear cuirass, as the norm of the other armies of the period.

I also converted his hand to carry a trumpet, and painted his helmet crest white, same of the officer - here again, I'm not sure which color the trumpeter's crest should be, but I've seen some visual references of the officer's white crest, and decided to do likewise on the trumpeter.

SAM_1606

SAM_1607

SAM_1608

SAM_1609

SAM_1610

SAM_1611

SAM_1612

SAM_1613

SAM_1614

SAM_1615

3 comments:

  1. Excellent unit as usual! Your conversions give them a very lively look, and your off white is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and detailed painting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete