Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Swedish Guard Grenadiers

Here is my unit of Guard Grenadiers for the Swedish army, from the Hat Industries' Swedish Infantry set. As I have mentioned here before, this set is among the worst Hat has ever produced, in my opinion - the sculpts are unispiring at best, and some are just plain ugly. 

There are 3 poses of Guard Grenadiers in the set, of which 2 are good enough - the ones I used on my unit. The third pose is quite poor and ill-proportioned, but I needed one of those models to convert into a standard bearer, removing the musket he was carrying against his chest and replacing it with a spare pole from another kit. The flag was handpainted, bearing the initial of King Karl XIII (since I'll be using them mostly for my 1813 campaign games).

SAM_1750


SAM_1749

SAM_1751

SAM_1753

SAM_1755

SAM_1756

The Grenadiers in attack column:

SAM_1758


March Column:

SAM_1759

3 comments:

  1. Impressive and beautiful ranks, splendid grenadiers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean about the sculpts, but still serviceable;e, and you've done a fine job on them. I suppose we should be grateful anyone even does such figures, let alone in plastic! You pretty much *have* to have these figures in a Swedish army, at least if you have strong collector tendencies (like I do!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic hobby style painting and inspiring stuff. BB

    ReplyDelete