Monday, October 20, 2014

French army ready for battle


I promissed to post some pics of my french once I had them ready for the table. Well, here they are. Mind you, they are far from a complete army. There are several units still to be added, but the force is sufficient to start playing, and this is quite an accomplishment, considering I've been painting Napoleonics for 8-9 months, and already have another army (British) almost as large as this one.

SAM_7721

SAM_7722

SAM_7723

Some of the additions needed are Chasseurs for my Light Infantry Regiments. Currently, they only have bases of Voltigeurs and of Carabiniers.


SAM_7724

SAM_7725

SAM_7726


I also need more regiments of Line Infantry, and of allied states, such as italians, to help bulk up my Imperial French and also make them more representative.

SAM_7727

SAM_7728

SAM_7729

SAM_7730

SAM_7731

SAM_7732

SAM_7733

SAM_7734

SAM_7735

SAM_7736

SAM_7737

SAM_7738

SAM_7739

SAM_7740

SAM_7741

SAM_7742

Another unit of artillery would be nice, too. And Cavalry. I currently have Carabiniers, Bavarian Chevallegères and French Dragoons. I plan on adding Cuirassiers, Lanciers, Chasseurs a Cheval (I have a single base of them), Grenadiers a Cheval and others.

My british are almost done. I'm currently finishing painting 2 Line Infantry Regiments, which are the last units needed to get the army ready for the table. I hope to get my first game with my very own napoleonics going on the beggining of November.

I'm really excited about Historicals, and 1/72 plastics, as well. So much that I already have hundreds of imperial romans on my shelves and plans for Crusaders, too. 2015 hasn't started yet and I already have boxes enough to keep my frenetic brushes occupied from end to end. So, all good.

*End of Transmission*

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful force, and quickly done too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive, Mateus!

    Let's see, I counted roughly:

    7 Infantry = 252
    3 cavalry = 36
    2 Artillery w/ limbers = 30
    about 20 staff

    Total 340 plus figues and 12 units - definitely more than enough to start with. If you've painted that many British as well (plus other projects). you'' equal or exceed my highest yearly totals ever, and you're doing it with much better quality!

    Yeah, tou definitely need more French Line and those foot Chasseurs, and some Chasseurs a Cheval, and Hussars, and Lancers, and on and on - that's how my French army got to 1400+ figures, LOL - but you already have 25% of that in less than a year.

    Yee-hah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look very impressive. Serious painting talent.

    ReplyDelete